Translate

Friday, May 8, 2009

Seven Springs Reunion

This was back around 1966 and probably one of if no the last out door Curtis Jackson Family Reunion. They may still have been holding meetings in the church but I doubt it. I remember it was hot and I got the keys to our car and was setting in it running the AC and listening to the radio. The meal had long since been finished and the grown ups (adults) were standing around catching up on old times. A few had stepped across the street to the cemetery where some family members were buried. The only one I knew that was buried there was my Uncle Theodore (my mother's brother)who had died suddenly only a couple of years before. As I set there steam started to come from the motor compartment and the car was over heating. Back then if you ran the AC in a lot of the cars you had better be moving. I thought I had blown the car up and that I was soon to be buried in the cemetery myself. Luckily there was no serious damage and the only thing that happened was I got the keys taken away and was just a little embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment