Translate

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Nancy Blanchard

Mrs. Blanchard lived 3 houses down from our home on Mercer Avenue in a big two story house on a huge lot across from the church in the early 1950s. She had 3 sons, the oldest was my age so I would go over and play often. I wasn't much more than 4 or 5 years old, but I do remember that I thought she was a nicest and prettiest lady in the neighborhood.
Mrs. Blanchard was very young when she died a tragic death about that time and as in cases like hers there were rumors, but her death and letters she had written my mother helped save my own life later on. When ever I think about her I always think about sitting under a small cluster of trees in her front yard eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and drinking Cool Aid for lunch she would make us. Funny what we remember about our lives when we are 6. They moved soon afterward her death.The house they lived in was owned later by the Groves family and after that I don't know who lived there. By the mid 70s there had been a fire and the house had been torn down and later there were 2 houses built in what had been the front yard.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. I am posting under my husbands account. My name is Bobbie and I believe your post is about my dad's mother. He was 2 years old when she passed away. He was the youngest of 3 boys. You may not remember him, the baby. We have heard stories about what happen to her, however I am very curious in what you know.

    ReplyDelete