Translate

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A bike ride to Renovah Circle

After reading a few of the post about my 2nd grade class and reminded of how many kids were from the Renovah Circle area my mind wondered back to those days and I thought about me and a friend that lived behind me on Wayne Drive.

It was one summer morning after school had let out for the summer my friend and I decided to ride our bikes through Forest Hills. We took of down Wayne Drive toward the school to play in the creek that ran along beside Forest Hills School. As was usual with us the competitiveness did not take long to kick in. So as each of us pedaled a little harder and the speed began to build. We turned off of Wayne Drive onto Renovah Circle as we rounded the curve and were headed back to Wayne Drive my friend was pulling ahead. He kept looking back  and making fun of me for being on the loosing end of the race. About half way between the curve and Wayne Drive I noticed a parked car right in front of my friend, so I did what anyone would do while in 2nd place I pedaled as hard as I could while talking as hard as I could to keep his attention on me. It worked, as he peeled himself off the trunk of the car I passed him. Have to admit after I saw he was not hurt bad and his bike was only scratched, I did feel a little guilty, but the main thing was I won. Don't feel to sorry for him he paid me back more than once. The bike in the picture is the bike I was riding that day about a year later.

No comments:

Post a Comment