Translate

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Johnnie Mercer's


The two summer's before I enlisted in the Navy were the ones that I spent as much time as I could at the beach. In my case that meant hanging out on and around Johnnie Mercer's Fishing Pier at Wrightsville Beach, NC. The first summer I worked for Eddie Pierce helping sand floors, but all my free time was at the beach both day and night. I would get off work around 5 on Friday and head for the beach. I would find me a place on the rail near the jukebox and dance floor. That was the place to meet the girls that had just come in town for a week or two on vacation. Of course there were the local girls that were there also and probably there to meet the guys from out of town. Those were the days of innocence and every day was an adventure.

The best times were when you were with that special person on the beach with a blanket or maybe a life guard stand and full moon with some soft music by Santo and Johnny playing in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment